Authors are encouraged to submit previously unpublished research papers in the broad field of content-based multimedia indexing and applications.
In addition to multimedia and social media search and retrieval, we wish to highlight related and equally important issues that build on content-based indexing, such as multimedia content management, user interaction and visualization, media analytics, etc.
Topics include (but are not limited to):
- Audio and visual and multimedia indexing;
- Multimodal and cross-modal indexing;
- Deep learning for multimedia indexing;
- Visual content extraction;
- Audio (speech, music, etc) content extraction;
- Identification and tracking of semantic regions and events;
- Social media analysis;
- Metadata generation, coding and transformation;
- Multimedia information retrieval (image, audio, video, text);
- Mobile media retrieval;
- Event-based media processing and retrieval;
- Affective/emotional interaction or interfaces for multimedia retrieval;
- Multimedia data mining and analytics;
- Multimedia recommendation;
- Large scale multimedia database management;
- Summarization, browsing and organization of multimedia content;
- Personalization and content adaptation;
- User interaction and relevance feedback;
- Multimedia interfaces, presentation and visualization tools;
- Evaluation and benchmarking of multimedia retrieval systems;
- Applications of multimedia retrieval, e.g., medicine, lifelogs, satellite imagery, video surveillance.
Authors are invited to submit full length (6 pages – to be presented as oral presentation) and short papers (4 pages – to be presented as posters). The submissions are peer reviewed in a single blind process. The language of the workshop is English.
For guidelines and submission procedure see Paper submission.
The CBMI proceedings are traditionally indexed and distributed by IEEE Xplore and ACM DL.
In addition, authors of the best papers of the conference will be invited to submit extended versions of their contributions to a special issue of Multimedia Tools and Applications journal (MTAP).
- Full/short paper submission deadline: extended to March 14, 2017
- Notification of acceptance: April 28, 2017;
- Camera-ready papers due: May 23, 2017.