Pattern Recognition Letters
Special Section on Selected Papers from the 25th IAPR International Conference on Pattern Recognition
Over the past ten years there has been a growing interest in the area of Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning. The performance improvement offered by deep learning techniques made it possible to provide effective answers to problems which were not possible before. The 25th Int.l Conference on Pattern Recognition, flagship event of the International Association for Pattern Recognition, has been the first scientific venue to share the most promising research outcomes of this technology and is today among the top conferences in the field.
The scope of this Special Section is to celebrate the 25th edition of ICPR and its scientific impact by publishing the extended version of the best paper presented, for each of the five conference tracks:
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning for Pattern Analysis
- Biometrics, Human Analysis and Behavior Understanding
- Computer Vision Robotics and Intelligent Systems
- Document and Media Analysis
- Image and Signal Processing
The journal version of each paper will be a revised version of the original manuscript presented at the conference with at least 30% new and original content.
The submissions to the Special Section should be prepared by following the guidelines for Authors of PRLetters. In particular, papers must be extended versions of the awarded ICPR 2020 papers and cannot exceed 7 pages in length according to the PRLetters layout. When Authors will upload their papers they must select “SS-ICPR2020” as “Article Type”. Moreover, in the “Notes” field they must point out that they received an award during ICPR 2020.
- Prof. Massimo Tistarelli University of Sassari, Italy
- Prof. Zhouchen Lin Peking University, China
- Prof. Lale Akarun Bogazici University, Turkey
- Prof. Elisa Ricci University of Trento, Italy
- Prof. Andrea Cavallaro Queen Mary University of London, UK
Submission and Deadlines
- Paper Submission Due: January 1, 2021
- First Review Notification: January 30, 2021
- Revision Submission: February 28, 2021
- Acceptance Notification: April 15, 2021