ReInHerit aspires to disrupt the current status quo of communication, collaboration and innovation exchange between museums and cultural heritage sites, in a sense that it will connect cultural heritage collections and sites, and present Europe’s tangible and intangible heritage to citizens and tourists in their wider historical and geographical contexts. The ReInHerit project is proposing a very innovative model of sustainable heritage management, through which a dynamic network will be born; this network comprised of cultural heritage professionals, innovation and cultural heritage solution tech experts, researchers, national museums, regional and local museums, and representative managers of Heritage Label sites. ReInHerit is also supported externally, by relevant municipalities, regional and local museums, which will also enhance the communication and cooperation of the cultural heritage sector across the EU and beyond.
The ReInHerit proposed model will be based on the development of a digital cultural heritage ecosystem, where all the key stakeholders (museums, heritage sites, policy makers, professionals and communities) will have an open and collaborative space to experiment, share and innovate. This will be achieved through the creation of an innovative Digital Hub. Tools and resources (on training, tourism, conservation, preservation, knowledge creation, content use/reuse, illicit trafficking of goods) necessary for sustainable management will be shared through the digital platform that will host the ecosystem. This ecosystem will also be the experiential open-ended space that will support and generate entrepreneurial initiatives, knowledge produced through co-creation, curation of digital content and visitor experiences.
The project is coordinated by the Bank of Cyprus Cultural Foundation (Nicosia, Cyprus) and the consortium consists of the following partners:
- Asociación Arte Sostenible (Spain),
- MICC – Università degli Studi di Firenze (Italy),
- European Cultural Tourism Network (Belgium),
- University of Nicosia (Cyprus),
- Consorzio Materahub Industrie Culturali e Creative (Italy)
- Foundation of Nikolas and Dolly Goulandris – Museum of Cycladic Art (Greece)
- Universität Graz (Austria)
- Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies – CYENS Centre of Excellence (Cyprus),
- Ble Aspida/Blue Shield (Greece),
- Arcada University of Applied Sciences (Finland)
- Stadtmuseum Graz (Austria).