Alberto del Bimbo, MICC Director, will present MICC research activities and results at the Information Day of the Italian National Centers of Excellence on 28 September 2010, at Palazzina dell’Auditorium, Accademia dei Lincei, in Rome, Italy.
The objective of the Conference “The ministerial Centres of Excellence established at the University between 2001 and 2003” is to summarize the activity of the Italian Centres of Excellence founded between 2001 and 2003 and issued by the Italian Ministry for Education, University and Research
The meeting, sponsored by the patronage of the President of the Republic and the Italian Ministry for Education, University and Research will be held in Rome on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 and will have as its ultimate aim to highlight the synergies existing between the individual centers distributed nationwide through a vast network of national and international collaborations.
The location chosen is no coincidence Villa Farnesina, the seat of the Accademia dei Lincei. The Academy, founded in 1603 by Federico Cesi, is the oldest scientific academy in the world and counts among its first members Galileo Galilei.
- Registration: 9:00 to 9:30
- Greetings Accademia dei Lincei and the authorities: 9:30 to 10:15
- Keynote: 10:15 to 10:30 (Prof. J. Meldolesi)
- Scientific and technical perspectives of the National Plan for Research (Speakers: Prof. R. Cingolani, Prof. G. De Nicolao and others interventions coordinated by Prof. A. Pinchera): 10:30 to 11:30
- Discussion on the results of a decade of Centres of Excellence (Coordinator: Prof. G. Scotti): 11:30 to 13:00
Break: 13:00 to 14:00
- Guided tours of the Villa Farnesina: 14:00 to 14:30
- Opening of the poster session with activities of each Center of Excellence (Coordinator: Prof. MD Di Benedetto): 14:30 to 17:00
- Closing speeches: 17:00 to 17:30